Position Summary: This position requires communicating with clients and following appropriate processes and procedures in order to resolve the client’s technical issues. The person in this position helps the network operations center to achieve success and our clients to achieve satisfaction with our service. The person in this position will work with Project Managers, Account Executives, Inside Account Managers, and Senior Technical Project Engineers to deliver positive and profitable client experiences.
PCS has been serving Knoxville and surrounding areas since 1996, providing an array of IT products and services such as networking, interactive technologies, security, and flat rate IT to businesses and schools across the state. At PCS we value our employees, and we are always looking for talented new people to join our team!
1 - Resolves technical issues for clients following appropriate policies and procedures
- Provides top level phone support to clients
- Serves as an escalation point and mentor for Level II Engineers
- Monitors and mitigates alerts generated by Remote Management and Monitoring (RMM) tools and performs back up maintenance
- Administration, including add/remove users and groups, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure and restore from backup and enterprise email administration
- Updates tickets through our current ticketing system according to established guidelines
- Troubleshoots and quickly and completely resolves client issues over the phone and on site
- Trains clients on system use
2 - Goes above and beyond in client service
- Fast response time, professional demeanor, follows through, excellent communication, ensures client satisfaction
3 - Upholds the core values of PCS
Concern for Client, Engage, Little Things Matter, Always Growing Professionally, Give
Required Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must be able to diagnose and troubleshoot LAN and WAN connectivity issues
- Must be able to quickly diagnose and resolve issues with client’s wireless technologies
- Must be able to diagnose/troubleshoot complex technical issues with Active Directory, servers, and network infrastructure
- Must be able to install and configure security, switching and routing equipment
- Must have and continually exhibit excellent client service and communication skills
- Must have and continually exhibit excellent documentation and data entry skills
- Must continually exhibit a willingness to learn and grow by pursuing opportunities to keep skills up-to-date
- Must have and continually exhibit excellent teamwork skills
- Remote management and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in technical support services, Bachelor’s degree or technical college degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years managing an Active Directory environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems, workstation operating systems and desktops applications
- Advanced knowledge in server and network configuration and maintenance
- Must pass a TBI background check
- Required Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+
- Preferred certifications: Server+, Microsoft Certified professional, Aruba and Extreme networking
- Preferred experience in scripting/programming and experience with ConnectWise products
- Intermediate knowledge of layer 2/3 switches, wireless access points, and network design
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Health, vision and dental insurance
PCS, Inc. is a TN Drug Free Workplace.
PCS, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.